Views
Helpful
Replies

SR520-FE DHCP disable

svtslvpsi
Level 1
Level 1

Hello

does anybody tell me how can I completely disable DHCP on SR520-FE?

thanks all for helping in advance!

Svyatoslav

9 Replies 9

Andrew Hickman
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi,

If you are using the command line, you can just delete the dhcp pool definition:

Look for something like the following in your config:

ip dhcp pool sdm-pool

import all

network 192.168.50.192 255.255.255.240

default-router 192.168.50.193

option 150 ip 192.168.10.1

dns-server 192.168.10.9

lease 0 2

Then configure:

no ip dhcp pool sdm-pool

...or are you using CCA?

Andy

Thanks for your answer

I have already configured DHCP on VLAN75 with pool name "inside", is the pool somehow reserved by device?

I prefer to use CCA , but I can use web based CLI if it is necessary.

Svyatoslav

Not sure about CCA, but if you wish to create static DHCP bindings, you will need to create a separate DHCP pool for each.  For example:

ip dhcp pool Printer

host 192.168.75.11 255.255.255.0

client-identifier 0100.1438.652e.11

default-router 192.168.75.1

dns-server 8.8.8.8 8.8.4.4

Hope that helps,

Andy

Hi Svyatoslav,

Did you manage to delete the DHCP pool using CCA? I also have a default internal pool I want to disable/delete.

Thanks,

Tim

There is a command "no service dhcp" to be executed on the Config mode. This will disable all DHCP services on the device.

I hope I have understood the question correctly because the above command I've mentioned will even disable "ip helper-address" relay functionality, so if you do not want the router to be involved any any kind of DHCP related activity then you can use this command.

Hope it helps

Neeraj

I believe you should just need to delete the DHCP pool in CCA - this will stop the SR520 from acting as a DHCP server and offering addresses on the LAN.

I assume this is what you have required, rather than changing the addressing type on the WAN interface - by default the SR520-FE is configured to use DHCP to assign a WAN IP (as it often the case for broadband providers).  If you need to set your own IP address, just select Static IP address in CCA for the Internet Connection and specify the required address, mask and DNS values.

Regards,

Andy

The problem is cca doesn't allow you to delete the default dhcp pool - it seems cli is the only solution

Sent from my iPhone

It is strange for me but it is not possible to delete dhcp pool using CCA. I would like to have this functionality in CCA.

ExG
Level 1
Level 1

Same problem on G1 and G2 ports of 5700 ethernet switch. See attached.

Any suggestions will be welcomed. 

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: