Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
ren

SR520-FE-K9

So I have this "great" product and i am trying to configure it as a secure router on our network.

Trouble is I dont want it to act as a DHCP server put I cannot disable the function.

btw I am using the Small Buisness Pro Configuration Assistance

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Cisco Employee

Re: SR520-FE-K9

Hi

Sorry about that - I forgot that CCA maintains that pool as a reserved setting.  There is a work around though using CCA:

1. Go to Routing > IP Addresses and configure the default VLAN (1) with your preferred LAN IP address (If you really wish to use 192.168.75.0/24 as your LAN subnet, change the address used for VLAN 75 to something else first)

2. Go to Switching > Smart Ports and change each of the LAN port roles to Desktop using native VLAN1.  When doing this, I would recommend the following steps:

a) Change the role of the three ports that you are not currently connected to and apply that configuration

b) Close CCA (don't worry about saving anything at this point)

c) Swap your PC connection to one of the ports you just reconfigured

d) Statically configure your PC with an address in the subnet you used at step 1

e) Relaunch CCA and connect to the IP address you configured at step 1

f) Change the role of the port you were originally connected to and apply that configuration.

3. Go to Security > NAT and delete/re-enable settings to ensure that VLAN1 is now included

4. Go to Security > Firewall and ensure that VLAN 1 is included as a trusted interface and apply.

This process, although a little lengthy, should ensure that you can continue to use CCA without issue in the future.

If you really want to use CLI, then you should just be able to execute:

config t

no ip dhcp pool inside

I don't know if CCA will complain about this being missing/try to replace this in future though.

Hope that helps,

Andy

6 REPLIES

Hi,

There is some grey area on support of the SR520 devices.  The only SR520 PID that falls under the SME umbrella is the SR520-T1-K9

I trust you will find a resolution to your DHCP issue on the following forum:

https://supportforums.cisco.com/community/netpro/network-infrastructure

It will most likely involve a CLI configuration to disable the DHCP server function.

Thanks!

Dave

David L. Barrett, Jr.
ren

Well according to your own company the support of SR520 should fall under the Small Business portfolio

https://supportforums.cisco.com/thread/2018905 I am just wondering where I could find the cli commands

for this specific device.

Cisco Employee

Hi,

The SR520-FE product is a Cisco product and supported by Cisco TAC (not SBSC).

Configuration of the SR520-FE is possible via CLI as with any other IOS based Cisco router (for DHCP it's just a matter of removing the DHCP pool configuration).  Alternatively you can download the Cisco Configuration Assistant tool for free (from www.cisco.com/go/configassist) and use this to configure the device - you should find the DHCP configuration in the GUI.

Hope that helps,

Andy

ren

I am sorry to dissapoint you but the Cisco Configuration Assistant is not able to delete or alter the default inside dhcp settings, and yes I have the latest firmware installed on the sr520.

so fare I have entered the config ie. device(config)# using hyperterminal what is the cli commands to delete the DHCP server/pool ??

Cisco Employee

Hi

Sorry about that - I forgot that CCA maintains that pool as a reserved setting.  There is a work around though using CCA:

1. Go to Routing > IP Addresses and configure the default VLAN (1) with your preferred LAN IP address (If you really wish to use 192.168.75.0/24 as your LAN subnet, change the address used for VLAN 75 to something else first)

2. Go to Switching > Smart Ports and change each of the LAN port roles to Desktop using native VLAN1.  When doing this, I would recommend the following steps:

a) Change the role of the three ports that you are not currently connected to and apply that configuration

b) Close CCA (don't worry about saving anything at this point)

c) Swap your PC connection to one of the ports you just reconfigured

d) Statically configure your PC with an address in the subnet you used at step 1

e) Relaunch CCA and connect to the IP address you configured at step 1

f) Change the role of the port you were originally connected to and apply that configuration.

3. Go to Security > NAT and delete/re-enable settings to ensure that VLAN1 is now included

4. Go to Security > Firewall and ensure that VLAN 1 is included as a trusted interface and apply.

This process, although a little lengthy, should ensure that you can continue to use CCA without issue in the future.

If you really want to use CLI, then you should just be able to execute:

config t

no ip dhcp pool inside

I don't know if CCA will complain about this being missing/try to replace this in future though.

Hope that helps,

Andy

ren

The cli command removed the inside pool without complaints after logging on with CCA. thnx for the swift response

Views
Helpful
Replies
CreatePlease to create content