cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

SRP 521w - crawls and stops responding

s-acharya
Level 1
Level 1

Is there any plan to release an updated firmware for 521w? Or is this done? I currently have .24 firmware but still having lockup issue.

Sent from Cisco Technical Support iPhone App

9 Replies 9

Andrew Hickman
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Yes, we are planning at least one more maintenance release.  We will specifically be addressing this issue.

In the mean time, can I suggest that you disable the voice ports if you are not using them.  Also, check that the system clock is being set correctly via NTP - if it isn't (perhaps because of limited Internet access) please set the time manally, or choose an NTP server within reach of the SRP.

Regards,

Andy

s-acharya
Level 1
Level 1

I'm using the voice ports. Probably that's making it perform worst. I do not have choice but to use voice port at this time.

I manually setup ntp to 0.us.pool.ntp.org.

If I may ask, if you know when the update will be out.

Sa

Hi,

The suggestion to disable the voice ports was merely precautionary - there is no suggestion that leaving them enabled will be an issue.

Was the NTP configuration like this before when you saw the issue, or did you just change it to the above?

If you notice the throughput slowing again, could you please grab a support file please (from Admin > Remote support).  If the GUI seems to be running slowly at this time, you can collect the support file directly using the following URL - just enter your own details as required.

http(s)://:/debug_info.tgz&xuser=admin&xpassword=

eg:  http://192.168.15.1/debug_info.tgz&xuser=admin&xpassword=admin

Please then open a case with the Small Business Support team and pass them this file.

We don't have a specific date for the maintenance release at the moment - I expect some time within the next two months.

Regards,

Andy

s-acharya
Level 1
Level 1

ntp config was from the day one. But I remember changing it from 0.pool.ntp.org to 0.us.pool.ntp.org. But that was while back.

The slow issue dogged me from day one. I even open a trouble with cisco per this issue. They sent me a refurb srp 500 but that unit also behaved the same.

When it slows down it won't let me get to webui. I will try to see if I can use direct URL with variables as u describe to get to debug file.

Thanks for the feedback, this helps.

Have you always used the 1.1.24 release, or have you used earlier versions and had the same experience?

How often does this issue occur for you?

Andy

started the issue with with one release back firmware (I believe .19), updated to .24 then did the usual troubleshoot option - factory reset to default after firmware update. But that did not help.

It happens a lot. I used to reboot the router all the time to get back on it. But nowadays, I just let it go and wait 10 -15 minutes to re-access the webui then it behaves ok.

Sa

Thanks again,

Ok - when you say happens a lot - is this every hour, every day, every week?

Please do try to grab the debug file if you see a slow down - but perhaps also grab one immediately after the issue occurs.

Could you also grab a debug file now and send it to me (hover over my user name in this thread and you will see my email address).

Many thanks,

Andy

@s-acharya,

Just want to share the link below in case it helps. We're not using the voice ports though thus it has been disabled. However, really had trouble with the latest firmware and so far downgrading it to the lower version seem to have stabilized the modem.

https://supportforums.cisco.com/message/3558808#3558808

s-acharya
Level 1
Level 1

Katheren - the version you downgraded - is that the original release? .24 release fixed some issues I was having in voice side plus security updates, I don't think I want to downgrade it. Thank you for the suggestion though.

Sa

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: