Views
Helpful
Replies

SRP-527W will not recognise MF112 USB dongle

grothwel17
Level 1
Level 1

Hi

I have a pair of SRP-527W routers running latest firmware V 1.01.26. Everthing works fine. Except.... Have purchased a ZTE MF112 usb dongle as backup to the ADSL but router refuses to recognise it.  In mobile network status shows as "Unable to Detect USB Mobile Modem".

Have tried a second dongle of the same type, cold reboot of router etc... but nothing. It is supposed to be supported in this release of firmware...?

Any suggestions or help much appreciated..

Many Thanks

6 Replies 6

V K Moorthy
Level 1
Level 1

Hi Glies,

ZTE MF112 modem is not supported by SRP 500 serious routers.Kindly see the attachment for compatible USB Modem for  SRP 500 serious routers.

Hi

The attachement refers to the previous version of firmware V 1.01.24.

The current version says it is supported...

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/routers/srp520_series/srp521w/usb_modem_support/srp500_usb_modem_matrix.pdf

But thanks anyway..

Hi Giles,

Sorry, this looks like a typo.  We have just added supported for the MF112 in the 1.2.x release train for the SRP520-U and SRP540 products.  It's not supported by the SRP520 series products running 1.1.x code though.

Regards,

Andy

Hi Andy

Thanks for the response, the release notes specifically say support for the the MF112 was added in release 1.1.26 for the SRP-527.

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/routers/srp520_series/srp521w/release_notes/srp520_rn_1.01.26.pdf

If that's not the case how do we know what devices are supported in this release..?

The problem is the majority of supported usb modems are older models as it seems the telecoms companies change them every other week, so getting hold of a supported one it tricky...

Thanks

Giles

Hi Andrew!

Could you give us the correct modem matrix for non-U SRP 520 with firmware 1.01.27 ?

Regards, Yuriy

Hi, Giles!

I am also faced with the fact that 1.1.27 does not see MF112.

I solved the problem by flashing modem from MF112 into MF190 (because they are hardware identical).

Regards, Yuriy

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: