Views
Helpful
Replies

SRP 541W VERY slow throughput

svegus1651
Level 1
Level 1

Hi!

I have had my SRP 541w for just over a year, BUGGER! So it is out of warranty now. Bought it in September 2012. It has been working like a charm since then. A couple of days ago my network speed suddenly dropped to about 10 mbit/s. That is true of all connections LANtoLAN, WANtoLAN and LANtoWAN. All my equipment is 1 gb/s. I have upgraded the firmware to 1.2.6, set the speed of the LAN ports to 1000 FULL, rebooted, tried with only one computer attached nothing else connected. WAN disconnected and throughput between LAN ports, nothing seems to make any difference. Did a factory reset, still no change.

I would really appreciate help on this! I really hope it has not stopped working properly. Not good advertisment for CISCO in that case, One month over warranty and suddenly BANG.

Any ideas?

Regards,

Sven Gustavsson

5 Replies 5

svegus1651
Level 1
Level 1

Oh one more thing, the powerlight is flashing contstantly, although everything is working. The only reference to powerlight flashing I have been able to find is "process on starting up and connecting" so how come its flashing now? When its dead slow but all connections are made.

Sven

svegus1651
Level 1
Level 1

I have seen many view this post, has really no one else come across this? I can understand if no one from Cisco wants to help in troubleshooting, but at least explain about the power light flashing. That would be a good start!

Hi, I had some problems with the power supply. This caused me unpredictable issues with phone port, wifi, ecc. Do you have already try to change the power supply?

The power led could be a symptom.

Regards.

Thanks for your input! That sounds logical, I will try that and report back for all those wanting to see the outcome.

svegus1651
Level 1
Level 1

Got my hands on a  multi adatper and plugged that in as well. No change, powerlight flashes and extremly slow throughput.

If it is of any use, the power light flashes 3 times then a few seconds delay, then flashes 3 times then few seconds delay and repeat. This does seem lik an error code of some kind that we have no documentation for. Maybe its time for someone from Cisco to enlighten us as to the nature of the powerlight flashing?

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: