cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

srp521 stops arp-ing

Sage Major
Level 1
Level 1

We have been using firmware 1.1.19  We now have about 50 in the field.  Almost daily we are having 1 or more devices which are no longer responding.  I can do a shutdown the interface on the other side but it still does not not come up.  I have upgraded a few to 1.1.24 in the last two days but this seems to be related to the uptime of the the device.

Even though the remote device shows a up/up the mas address table does not show any connection.

Is there any kind of known bug that would be causing this?

17 Replies 17

Thanks for the feedback Sage, we're tracking this issue in a number of fronts now and actively looking for a solution.

Can I just confirm that you are not using a 3G modem for backup in your installations? (Just making sure that I understand the connectivity).

Would it be possible to set up one of the other devices that you have upgraded to send logging information to a syslog server?

Many thanks

Andy

Hi Sage,

Couple of questions:

1 - Did you get my private mail the other day? 

2 - By default the SRP is configured to use NTP for setting its clock.  In your network, specifically connected behind the Adtran routers, could the SRP reach NTP servers from the ntp.org pool?  If not, please configure the devices to NOT use NTP (or use a time source that it can reach).

Many thanks,

Andy

Yes I got it.  I sent you an email with the info you needed.