Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. And see here for current known issues.

SRP526W to forward or provide VPN access for clients

Hi,

we are having a SRP526W here which replaced a cheap, simple router. Now we would like to set up the VPN-access for outside clients again. So far this was done by forwarding PPTP (TCP 1723 and GRE) to the Windows 2000 Routing and RAS-server inside the network.

According to this post the SRP521W, and therefore I suppose as well the SRP526W, are not able to forward GRE: https://supportforums.cisco.com/thread/2093204

Is there a way to provide VPN access for outside clients with this router? Maybe with L2TP (but then we would need to forward ESP) or IPSec (ESP and AH as far as I know)?

If there is no solution we would need to replace this device again with a cheap, simple router which is able to forward GRE - as you can imagine, we would like to save Cisco from this shame.

Kind regards

Dominik

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Cisco Employee

Hi Dominik,

The SRP520 only supports site to site IPSec at this time. 

Further developments are planned though, please check back in the New Year.

Andy

3 REPLIES
Cisco Employee

Hi Dominik,

The SRP520 only supports site to site IPSec at this time. 

Further developments are planned though, please check back in the New Year.

Andy

Hi Andy,

thank you for your fast answer. Just to be sure, since my question was maybe not clear enough: it is also not possible to forward VPN to a PPTP, L2TP or IPSec-VPN-server inside the network with the SRP520?

Kind regards

Dominik

Cisco Employee

Hi Dominik,

It is not possible to use L2TP or PPTP from the SRP526 (This is only possible from the Ethernet WAN interface).  It is possible to set up an IPSec VPN or GRE tunnel from the SRP to a peer in the network.

This might offer some guidance here.

Regards,

Andy

Views
Helpful
Replies
CreatePlease to create content