Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Announcements

New Firmware available for RV340 Series Router family! This includes the RV340, RV340W, RV345, and RV345P

To learn more and get the latest Firmware version click here.

Community Member

SRP527W - Site-to-Site VPN issue

Hi,

I have setup a Site-to-Site VPN with 2 x SRP527W. Firmware is the latest 1.1.24 (Release Date: 16/SEP/2011).

I have a problem where if the VPN goes down for some reason;

1. It does not auto-connect when both devices are back online;

2. It does not connect if I start traffic to the remote network (a ping for example);

I have to manually go into both devices and disable and then enable the IPSEC VPN then the VPN comes back. Is there a way to fix this behaviour?

Thankyou,

3 REPLIES
Cisco Employee

Could you provide more information please? 

In particular - are you connecting using DDNS FQDNs?

Many thanks

Andy

Community Member

No its static IP addresses

Is this the more info you require

cheers

Cisco Employee

Hi,

The config looks ok - and in my lab I see the tunnel come back to life immediately I get the units back on line.  Of course, there could be a difference between the way I forced disconnection compared to your situation that could be significant.

Could you please set the logging level to 3+Router under the Voice > System menu. As soon as you see the VPN disconnect, please go to Administration > Remote Debug and download the support file.  Leave the system for 5 minutes or so and then collect the file again.  Please send these two files directly to me (ahickman at cisco.com).

Many thanks,

Andy

Views
Helpful
Replies
CreatePlease to create content