Views
Helpful
Replies

srp541w router and remote vpn connection

sam_cds_cds
Level 1
Level 1

Hello,

I've configured an srp541w router for a customer and successfully configured an IPSEC VPN connection with a Netopia router at a satellite office for the customer.

I cannot seem to find a way to configure either a PPTP VPN connection or QuickVPN connection for remote users.  I did read something that stated that the router will only support either a site-to-site VPN or a QuickVPN connection, but not both at the same time.  Surely this cannot be true.

What am I missing?

Thanks,

Sam

2 Replies 2

Andrew Hickman
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi Sam,

Clients need to use the Cisco VPN client (rather than PPTP or QuickVPN) to access the VPN server.

You did read right though, the SRP is only able to enable either the site to site VPN or the VPN feature (this is a limitation of the OpenSource code used for these features).

In either case, the SRP will allow up to 5 IPSec tunnels.

Regards,

Andy

Thanks for the reply.  Can you recommend a Cisco product that will allow this functionality?  The SRP541W was recommended to the customer by their VOIP vendor to resolve problems they were experiencing with "bad" phone calls - call drops, garbled words, delayed conversation, the whole gamut.  We also need the router to allow either PPTP connections or QuickVPN connections (or use the Cisco VPN client) while still maintaining the site-to-site IPSEC connection.

I use an RV120W in house but am not sure that is the proper choice for a VOIP scenario.

Thanks,

Sam

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: