Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. If you'd prefer to explore, try our test area to get started. And see here for current known issues.

SRP546W - VLAN/DHCP Konfiguration

Hallo,

ich habe o.g. Cisco Router. Auf diesem möchte ich nun mehrere VLAN erstellen. Die Clients in den VLAN sollen alle per DHCP IPv4 Adressen z.B. aus dem Netz 192.168.222.0 erhalten.

Dazu habe ich auf dem Router einen DHCP Server erstellt. Solange ich diesen nur einem VLAN zuweise, klappt es. Das Zuweisen desselben DHCP Servers zu einem zweiten VLAN schlägt fehlt. Die Meldung lautet, dass dieser DHCP Server bereits dem VLAN X zugewiesen ist.

Was muss ich konfigurieren, damit ich nur einen DHCP Server auf dem SRP konfiguriere und alle Clients in meinem Netzwerk IP Adressen aus einem DHCP Netz erhalten?

Vielen Dank.

Gruss

Thomas

3 REPLIES
Gold

Thomas,

You need to create another DHCP server and assign it to the next VLAN. You cannot use the same DHCP server for multiple VLANs.

- Marty

Cisco Employee

Hi Thomas,

The SRP500 supports the typical scenario where each layer 2 broadcast domain (VLAN) is associated with a single unique layer 3 IP addressing subnet.  One pool of DHCP addresses can therefore be used per VLAN.

Is there a particular reason why you are using such small subnets?  A /30 can only have 2 host addresses, one of which would need to be for the SRP.

Is there any reason why you only want to create one DHCP server?  If you want to use the same IP subnet (192.168.222.0/24) for all clients, is there some reason why they can't all be in the same VLAN?

If you really want to separate clients in to separate VLANs and only use 192.168.222.0 addresses, you might consider splitting that block and assigning each subnet to different VLANs.  i.e. VLAN1 = 192.168.222.0/25 VLAN2 = 192.168.222.128/25.

Hope that helps,

Andy

Hi,

thanks a lot. I use such small subnet to isolate some of my PCs. I get some information from our networkers. Now I understand better what I did wrong.

Thomas

Views
Helpful
Replies