Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Announcements

New Firmware available for RV340 Series Router family! This includes the RV340, RV340W, RV345, and RV345P

To learn more and get the latest Firmware version click here.

Community Member

SRP547W Newbie

Hi,

We have been avid fans of Billion routers for a very long time but have lost faith with them over the past few years. We have recently purchased the SRP547W, a bit overkill for what we need though (i.e.: don't need VOIP capability as we already have a Cisco SPA8000 8 port ATA). I have managed to translate most of the Billion router settings in to the Cisco with the exception of Firewall Packet Filters, i.e.: which ports to allow in and out. Here is an example from our Billion router.

EditOrderRule NameTime ScheduleSource IP / NetmaskProtocolSource port(s)InboundDelete
Destination IP / NetmaskDestination port(s)Outbound
mei_http
Always On
0.0.0.0 / 0.0.0.0
TCP
0 ~ 65535
Allow
0.0.0.0 / 0.0.0.0
80 ~ 80
Allow

I have been through the Admin guide, the forums and the router itself but can't find where to specify these.

Also the only other thing I am not sure about is setting port forwarding for GRE. In the Billion models its a simple setting under port forwarding. Am I correct in assuming its already part of the PPTP protocol?

The one thing I am disappointed about this router is you are limited to 10 static routes. We have much more than 10 configured on our current router so I guess we just have to work with this limitation. Ideally we would like a similar router without the VOIP capability that can accommodate more than 10 static routes. My IOS commands are very rusty as I haven't had to use them in many years so would prefer the GUI interface. Any suggestions?

Thanks!

Tony Tuccillo

Everyone's tags (2)
Views
Helpful
Replies
CreatePlease to create content