Views
Helpful
Replies

SRP547W - PSTN LINE

saleemarshad1
Level 1
Level 1

Hello,

I finally got my SRP547W after wanting it for so long. I have a few questions.

1. VPN for ad-Hoc Clients ie be able to VPN into my home network from my laptop remotely - This was important to me but misread "Whats in the Box" - Is there a work around for this ? I know that there might be a release in 2012 to enable this.

2. I connected a PSTN - BT line to the FXO port at the back. However, the LINE Light does not come on. The phone rings ok on incoming calls. But the light on the box is still off. Is there a way to test if the light is bust?

3. VOIP is configured ok and can make and receive VOIP calls - Is there a way I can force the system to use the PSTN line to make a call?

It came with the 1.02.00 (023)
but i upgraded it to 1.02.01 (023) Aug 12 2011.

I dont know if its made a difference to what is avaibale in the menus at all.

Thanks in advance

Sal

4 Replies 4

saleemarshad1
Level 1
Level 1

Hello,

I see the info as below

PSTN Line Status
Hook State:    OnLine Voltage:    49 (V)
Loop Current:    0.0 (mA)

but no light on the device

For the outbound calling i would like to setup the dialing rule to dial PSTN and say dial 9 to get the viop line... any help in the dialing rule would be appreciated.

thanks

Sal

hello,

i managed to create a dial plan that works

(xx.<:@gw0>|<#,:>x.)

To USE PSTN

Just dial the number

To use VOIP on that line use the # sign followed by the number.

I have a new problem now, i can make out going calls on pstn and on voip but the phone rings only on VOIP calls not on pstn. The phone was ringing ok all the until today. wonder why..

thanks

S

Andrew Hickman
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi Saleem,

Sorry for the late response.

In answer to your questions:

1. VPN for ad-Hoc Clients ie be able to VPN into my home network from my laptop remotely - This was important to me but misread "Whats in the Box" - Is there a work around for this ? I know that there might be a release in 2012 to enable this.

Yes, we have just released this feature. Please download firmware version 1.2.4(003) if you haven't done so already.  The updated Admin Guide provides more detail.

2. I connected a PSTN - BT line to the FXO port at the back. However, the LINE Light does not come on. The phone rings ok on incoming calls. But the light on the box is still off. Is there a way to test if the light is bust?

This is a known issue with the SRP540 at the moment.  Case CSCtk76420 applies.

3. VOIP is configured ok and can make and receive VOIP calls - Is there a way I can force the system to use the PSTN line to make a call?

I see you solved this one below.

Regards,

Andy

Hello Andrew,

Thanks for this

Yes I downloaded the patch- I would say within a few hours after it was available on the site - based on your post on another thread with the estimated date of release. Thank you for the information.

Works like a charm

1. Connects from an XP machine with Cisco VPN Client 5.x

2. Works very well with iPhone IOS5 using the inbuilt VPN connection. Got an app to browse the NAS and Print from the VPN as well.

Note: After firmware upgrade, the system settings are retained and no reconfiguration of settings needed.

I did check the release notes on the latest firmware and am aware of the Case.

Also noted that the FXO line rings if connected to an unregistered line but unable to answer. - Open Case Acknowledged in Release notes for this.

I aslo noted that if i connected the Handset to a registered FXS port, the phone does not ring on incoming PSTN line.

Outbound VOIP - YES (As per dailing rules)
Inbound VOIP -YES - Phone rings

Outbound PSTN - Yes

Inbound PSTN - Can see it ringing on the status page but no ring on the handset - Is this a potential/outstanding issue?

Many thanks
Saleem