Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. And see here for current known issues.

Trend Micro ProtectLink Troubleshooting

I activated a 30 day trial of ProtectLink Gateway on my RV042, but after 4 days the router is just blocking all websites. In fact, I bought 7 units of the RV042 to connect gateway-to-gateway our 6 branch offices. I don't know why the routers work right at the begin and after is blocking all URLs. Well, I need to use a dynamic URL and email scanning. If this software works well, I really like to purchase 60 full subscriptions. Could you help me?

Everyone's tags (3)
9 REPLIES

Re: Trend Micro ProtectLink Troubleshooting

Good Afternoon,

Can you send a  screen shot of the main (ProtectLink) page of the router.  I need to see what filtering the router is doing, or it might be best if you call the SBSC (866-606-1866) to troubleshoot the problem.

Can you do me a fast experiment please.

Disable Web Reputation Filtering (not to be confused with the category based content filtering) and see if that makes a difference.

I am folloing up on something similar at the moment......

Let me know,

Steve

Ok Steve, I disable the web reputation and the problem seems solved. Thanks!

However, I cannot use the web reputation resource?

Cisco/Trend could not launch a hotfix for this problem?

I think that this feature is too important.

Thanks for passing back this result.   Fact is, I worked with Trend and Cisco development on this issue last night in my lab, where I also have an SA 540 with PLG services (Content by category filtering and web reputation; not the email and I noticed this started happening to me too...

So your confirmation rules out the complexity or environment in my lab, so we know its not isolated to me ;-)

SO while I am happy to hear the news, I am sad and sorry for the temporary workaround, which I discovered through trial and error and seems to work for now.  Yes, we will fix this.  The PM i also aware of this as is involved and might add stimulated the resources to work on it with me last night.   He is a good man (he is also a Steve) Stay tuned....

Steve,

Also, I think the router/software don't support much traffic because many times the browser shows: "The router is very busy at the moment. Please try after a few minutes."

And we couldn't use the internet.

Now really I have to disable the URL Filtering.

I remember that Web Reputation is disable.

I would like a solution to this.

I understand.    I ill work toward this.

In fact, if you open a case we can track it, rather than me using this thread.   Is that OK with you?

Steve

Steve,

Thanks.

How can I open the case?

This problem is happening on my head office, where we have 30 workstations, but is ok at the branch offices (around 5 workstations).

Well, its seems that the RV042 is ideal for little sites (up to 5 users), but not enough for bigger size.

Could the RV082 (with ProtectLink) is enough for my head office?

Please call the SBSC in your locale and open a case:

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/support/tsd_cisco_small_business_support_center_contacts.html

Steve

Views
Helpful
Replies
CreatePlease to create content