Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. If you'd prefer to explore, try our test area to get started. And see here for current known issues.

unable to monitor RV042 using SNMP

User are complaining the internet is going down but I can see the modem is not going down I have a continuous test ping to modem and the modem is fine. So probably the issue is the Cisco router RV02 in order for me to determine this I need to monitor and collect deeper logs. in Our company we use PRTG Network monitor in order to monitor any network device . I tried enabling SNMP , but it is not communicating. I need to be able to configure the SNMP but is not working. I am attaching here the setting I setup.

I enabled it and also created access rule to allow UDP 161 port from my PRTG server IP to the public IP of this router . 

2 REPLIES

Hi you need to modify

Hi 

you need to modify destination server IP address under your snmp from 66.175.118.18 to destination server 12.42.133.66.

Kindly have a check on this

HTH

Sandy

Silver

Question: 1. Why are you

Question:

1. Why are you using a public IP, are you using port-forwarding to wherever you are sending that SNMP packet? So that means your server is on the other LAN?

I am assuming that you are using VPN, so the IP for your Traps should be the LAN ip of your PRTG
Also please note SNMP uses two ports

161/UDP  -SNMP
162/UDP -Traps

and lastly, please verify that your PRTG server can ping that router, if not, well you have a connectivity problem

Views
Helpful
Replies