Views
Helpful
Replies

Unmanaged switch outputs only 10MBs

shveka
Level 1
Level 1

Hello All,

I have a VDSL DLink router connected to a Cisco SF100D-08P. When I connect my laptop straight to the router I get 40MBPs which is my ISP's speed. When I connect the router to the switch and then the laptop to the switch I only get 10Mbps. Also my WIFI access point (also Cisco) that is connected to the switch gives me 10MBPS. Looks like port negoitiation between router and switch is not working well and settles on 10MBPS. I tried checking with difference cables, laptops etc.

Any ideas?        

Thanks

Yoni         

1 Reply 1

Tom Watts
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Hi Yoni, does your network connection status indicate you're connecting at 10 mbit ? Can you check the router status to see what the LAN port negotiated at with the switch ?

You may try to manually set your computer and/or the router LAN port to 100 full duplex to see if it fixes it.

-Tom
Please mark answered for helpful posts

-Tom Please mark answered for helpful posts http://blogs.cisco.com/smallbusiness/
Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: