cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Updating Firmware - Issues

sharejss1
Level 1
Level 1

I recently updated firmware from 1.04 to 1.05..8.  With old setup, I had separate DHCP coordinated with devices MAC address.  But, now after completing an Angry IP Scan, the the DHCP IP's do not coordinate with prior setup.  I have checked with my ISP and there is nothing unusual going on my modem IP address

Do I need to complete a full factory reset and add back all of the information?  Any ideas would be helpful.

3 Replies 3

mpyhala
Level 7
Level 7

Jeffrey,

But, now after completing an Angry IP Scan, the the DHCP IP's do not coordinate with prior setup.

Please be more specific. Do you mean that the devices are getting an IP from a different network or that the MAC address is not matching the assigned IP?

Regarding your last question, reconfiguring from factory defaults is always a good idea if you are experiencing problems after a firmware upgrade. Depending on the configuration it may be easier and less time consuming to troubleshoot the issue directly.

- Marty

Marty:  Thanks.  A Full reset addressed the issue.

SamirD
Level 5
Level 5

This is why you never save and restore settings when doing firmware updates.  Strange things like this can happen.

Huntsville's Premiere Car and Bike e-magazine: www.huntsvillecarscene.com

Huntsville's Premiere Car and Bike e-magazine: www.huntsvillecarscene.com