cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Using Radius authentication for VPN on RV042

speedin2000
Level 1
Level 1

Hi all - I am trying to setup a RV042 for a Client VPN using AD / Radius authentication. When it was purchased I saw radiuslisted as a feature on it, but I'm not seeing a way to set this up.

http://www.cdw.com/shop/products/Cisco-RV042-4-port-10-100-VPN-Router-Dual-WAN/654632.aspx#TS

I have upgraded to the latest firrmware, I have a VPN working with accounts on the router that I manually create, but am not seeing anyplace to configure radius. I haven't been able to find documentation for this either, I must be missing I suppose, but it is driving me crazy.

Any suggestions?

Thank you,

Jesse

5 Replies 5

Te-Kai Liu
Level 7
Level 7

RV0xx routers do not support RADIUS for VPN authentication.

The reference to RADISU authentication appears to be a cut-and-paste error on CDW.com, since wireless routers in the Small Business portfolio all support RADIUS authentication.

OK, thank you. So do you know a model that would support Radius? and dual WAN by chance?  I have an older PIX firewall that I was replacing with this, I imagine I could setup rules on the RV042 and continue to do VPN behind that, or do you think I'd run into problems with NAT's and that trying to do that?

Thanks or any suggestions.

You could try SA520.

Just to add to tekliu,

Yes the SA500 series does support radius authentication via SSL & Cisco vpn but NOT qvpn.

Hope this helps,

Jasbryan

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: