Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. If you'd prefer to explore, try our test area to get started. And see here for current known issues.

VOIP Configuration w/ Cisco RV180W & RV042

All,

First off, I am new to the community and this is my first post so please forgive me if I am not detailed enough.  I have spent days searching these discussions and have not found my answer.  Hopefully someone here will be able to help.  I have a configuration that I don't see as being to difficult, however, I cannot figure it out.

Primary Data Connection: Cisco RV042 w/ Verizon Fios (192.168.1.1)

Voice Data Connection for SIP Trunking: Cisco RV180W w/ XO T1 Circuit (192.168.200.1)

3 Netgear GS728TP Smart Switches

VLAN100: Data VLAN (192.168.1.xxx)

VLAN 200: Voice VLAN (192.168.200.xxx)

The end result that I am looking for is to have all PC's pull an IP address on the correct VLAN (even when plugged in to the back of a phone) and get their internet connection from the RV042.  All phones should pull their IP's from the PBX (which is also acting as the DHCP server) and all internet traffic should be routed over the RV180W.  I know this is a Cisco forum and I have the VLAN's configured and working on the Netgears.  However, I cannot figure out the correct VLAN/routing configuration on the RV180W to allow for routing between the two subnets so that some of the applications which reside on the PC's and need to talk to the phone system will work.  Also, I am trying to determine if the RV042 needs to be connected to the switch or directly to the RV180W.

Any help that anyone can provide is beyond appreciated.  I have spent countless hours trying to figure this out and have had no success.  I thank you kindly in advance.

Views
Helpful
Replies