cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

VPN between SRP527W and RV042G won't establish

adrienlang
Level 1
Level 1

I am trying to setup a VPN between two sites. Primary site has two ADSL connections via netgear DM111P modems connected through a Cisco RV042G configured with load balancing. Both services are active and I am able to RDP as wel as other port forwarding requests. The second site is connected again with ADSL but via a Cisco SRP527W. I have been trying to establish a site to site vpn betwen the two locations with no success. The primary network is 10.10.0.0 255.255.255.0 gateway 10.10.0.254 and the secondary is 192.168.15.0 255.255.255.0 gateway 192.168.15.1

I have been able to configure a site to site vpn with another client using 2 x srp527w without issue so assumed that this should be similar. Any assistance is greatly appreciated.

3 Replies 3

Mehdi Boukraa
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi Adrian

My name is Mehdi from Cisco Technical Support.

from I understand you trying to setup a VPN tunnel Between RV042G and SRP527W , please can you share with us more informations so we can help you in this configuration.

I want to know if the Public IP address is present on Cisco Devices or on the netgear ?

Also can you please make a screenshots from the VPN configuration on both site from RV042G and SRP527W

Thanks

Mehdi

mhornsby3941
Level 1
Level 1

Hi Adrien

I'm not from tech support but might actually have some useful info for you and not a canned unhelpful response

In a nutshell it doesn't work.

I had two SRP547s and had a site to site VPNs working between the SRP547s.

One site switched from DSL to cable so I replaced the SRP547W with a  RV220W.

After many hours with CISCO trying to get it work 4 different people logging in and checking the setups and testing. It could not be made to work.

I had to replace the other SRP547 with another RV220W (and external DSL modem) and got my site to site VPN working again.

Cheers

Michael

Thanks mhornsby3941,

I have feared that was the case. While most of the features on the SRP527 are fantastic there have been a few limitations in the VPN department. It would be nice if there was a compatibility list of known devices that will work with a particular device. In saying that I would like to think that the RV042G is "friendlier" when creating VPN tunnels. I will be disappointed if I purchase another modem and the RV220W and it still doens't work.

Thanks again for your response.

Regards,

Adrien