Views
Helpful
Replies

VPN tutorial for RV042?

frankneps
Level 1
Level 1

Hello,

is there a tutorial or step-by-step guide to create a VPN connection from a Windows XP client to a remote RV042?

Thank you and best regards,

Frank

5 Replies 5

Glenn Quesenberry
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Take a look at "Appendix B (page 58) of the Admin Guide here.

Hello,

thank you for your answer and sorry for not being more concrete.

I know the manual, I followed the steps in there and ran into a problem, that I can't resolve. A thread in this forum also did not help but brought statements from the writers, that gave me the impression, that it is much more complicated than it looks in the manual. And that's why I thought, I could setup the connection and then look deeper into the subject. I answered the message from the guys with my questions, but got no response.

I'm shortly before the point to solve the situation some other way, buy a SonicWall SSL VPN or something like that.

Thanks anyway, best regards,

Frank

Are you a Cisco Partner?  If so you can reach out to the Partner Design Support (PDS) team for assistance.  Alternatively you can also contact the Small Business Support Center (SBSC) if you are a Partner or end-user.  Please let me know which applies for you and I can post the links for the applicable support resource!

Best Regards,

I am no partner, I am an end user.

Thank you for the quick response,

Frank

I understand.  Then what you should have access to is the Small Business Support Center (SBSC).  This team is focused on supporting all of the Cisco Small Business products like the RV042.  You can reach them via phone or chat; contact details can be found here.

Best Regards,

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: