Views
Helpful
Replies

VWIC2-2MFT-G703, cRTP and Multilink

g.petit
Level 1
Level 1

Hello,

I wish to know if it is possible aggregate 2 E1/G703 data link in order to increase bandwidth up to 4 Mbps (2x 2 Mbps) with the card VWIC2-2MFT-G703, by using ppp encapsulation with the multilink feature.

I have read several documents and according to them, I conclude that this setup is possible but I can not test it.

Does somebody can confirm that such setup is possible ?

With the same idea, with 2 cards (VWIC2-2MFT-G703) is it possible to get 8 Mbps (2x 2 Mbps per card) ?

I will use 18xx or 29xx routers.

Next, with this setup, I whish to enable cRTP.

I suppose that I can enable this feature on the Multilink interface with something like that:

===

interface Mutlilink <group-number>

ip address <address> <mask>

encapsulation ppp

ppp multilink

ip rtp header-compression ...

===

Does somebody can confirm that cRTP is available with such setup (multilink with VWIC2-2MFT-G703 card) ?

Thanks for your Help.
GP.

1 Reply 1

cindy toy
Level 7
Level 7

Hi GP,

Thank you for your question.  However, the Small Business Support Community is limited to Cisco Small Business Products.

Your question below may relate to a Cisco Classic Product which our community would not be able to help you with.

The best area for you to post your question would be at the Cisco NetPro forums: https://supportforums.cisco.com/index.jspa

Best regards,

Cindy

Cindy Toy

Small Business Community Manager

Customer Advocacy

Cisco Systems, Inc.

www.cisco.com/go/smallbizsupport

Regards, Cindy If my response answered your question, please mark the response as answered. Thank you!
Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: