cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

WAN with 3 routers RV320 and routing in VPN Client

adamski745
Level 1
Level 1

We have 3 locations with routers RV320 - WAN1/LAN1-192.168.10.0, WAN2/LAN2-192.168.20.0, WAN3/LAN3-192.168.30.0. Locations are connected over VPN and users from each office can be connected to the others.
I connect from home to the office with Cisco VPN Client. When I connect via VPN to the office "1" then I get the address from network 192.168.12.0 and I can ping network 192.168.10.0  and connect to the servers in the network. Unfortunately I can't connect to other networks (from offices "2" and "3"). What else I have to set on the routers? Static routes? How?

Thanks in advance

Adam

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

chrebert
Level 4
Level 4

Hello Adam,

It sounds like you have the Cisco VPN Client configured in split tunnel mode.  In this mode only traffic bound for the specific network specified in the tunnel configuration will be sent through the tunnel, everything else will just use your normal internet connection.  You can however change this in the 320's configuration to a full tunnel. Then all of your traffic will be sent through the tunnel, and the RV should just route that through the appropriate site-to-site tunnel to whatever office network you are trying to reach.

Note however that this will send all of your traffic, including any web browsing and anything else going on on your PC, through the VPN Client connection.  That isn't necessarily a bad thing, I just wanted to make you aware of it.

Hope that helps and thank you for choosing Cisco,

Christopher Ebert - Advanced Network Support Engineer

Cisco Small Business Support Center

*please rate helpful posts*

View solution in original post

1 Reply 1

chrebert
Level 4
Level 4

Hello Adam,

It sounds like you have the Cisco VPN Client configured in split tunnel mode.  In this mode only traffic bound for the specific network specified in the tunnel configuration will be sent through the tunnel, everything else will just use your normal internet connection.  You can however change this in the 320's configuration to a full tunnel. Then all of your traffic will be sent through the tunnel, and the RV should just route that through the appropriate site-to-site tunnel to whatever office network you are trying to reach.

Note however that this will send all of your traffic, including any web browsing and anything else going on on your PC, through the VPN Client connection.  That isn't necessarily a bad thing, I just wanted to make you aware of it.

Hope that helps and thank you for choosing Cisco,

Christopher Ebert - Advanced Network Support Engineer

Cisco Small Business Support Center

*please rate helpful posts*

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: