Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. If you'd prefer to explore, try our test area to get started. And see here for current known issues.

WET200 & WRE54G Troubles

HELLO,

I have a Linksys Range Extender (WRE54G v3) to enhance reception of the Wireless signal in my TV room downstairs.

With my Laptops (both Win & Mac) I have no trouble with the Range Extender. However, I installed a WET200 (Wireless-G Business Ethernet Bridge) in the TV Room in order to connect to the Internet both a Desktop PC as well as a Network-Blue-Ray.  With this configuration I have been strugling A LOT because the WET-200 will usually connect directly to the ADSL-Router which is upstairs, thus significanlty downgrading connection speed.

When I select "SITE SURVEY" in the Wireless Basic Settings of the WET200, I get both the Router as well as the Range-Extender option to connect to. I select the Range-Extender, I then provide the corresponding WEP settings and I CONFIRM. The WET200 Reboots, but when it comes up again, due to the fact that the "LINK-QUALITY" Status is still too low, I suspect my WET200 keeps connecting to the SDLC-Router Upstairs.

Is there a way to FORCE my WET200 to connect THROUGH the Range Extender instead of directly to the SDLC Router ? (obviosuly the SSID in both devices is the SAME).

Thank you in advance for your help !!!

Everyone's tags (3)
Views
Helpful
Replies