cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

What are the difference between version 1.0016 and 1.1.13

shadeofblkness
Level 1
Level 1

i have a Wrvs4400n gigbit wireless router. the firmware version is 1.0016. i try to upgrade to 1.1.13 but its not accepting the up grade.

Also ip signature version is 1.25.

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Darren DeCroock
Level 4
Level 4

The first thing I would check is the hardware version of your router.  There are 3 hardware versions for this router:  v1,  v1.1,  v2.  (The hardware version can be found on the label on bottom of the router.)

For version 2, there are no firmware updates available, as it already has the newest firmware version loaded.

For versions 1, and 1.1, their are two firmware updates listed on the website. (v1.1.03, and v1.1.13)  If you have v1 or v1.1 of the hardware, and are having problems upgrading, I would suggest trying to upgrade to v1.1.03 first, then trying v1.1.13 after you have upgraded to the previous version.

Thank you,

Darren

View solution in original post

3 Replies 3

Darren DeCroock
Level 4
Level 4

The first thing I would check is the hardware version of your router.  There are 3 hardware versions for this router:  v1,  v1.1,  v2.  (The hardware version can be found on the label on bottom of the router.)

For version 2, there are no firmware updates available, as it already has the newest firmware version loaded.

For versions 1, and 1.1, their are two firmware updates listed on the website. (v1.1.03, and v1.1.13)  If you have v1 or v1.1 of the hardware, and are having problems upgrading, I would suggest trying to upgrade to v1.1.03 first, then trying v1.1.13 after you have upgraded to the previous version.

Thank you,

Darren

Thanks, Dareren. i check the box it came in and it said version 1.1, so i will do a 1.1.03 upgrade first.

Hi Darren, i try to use the version 1.01.03, and my router still not accepting the upgrade, Keep saying is wrong firmware upgrade. i also treid  1.1.13  and it does,nt work either. My origanal Wrvs4400n went up and i send it back to linksys seen it was still under warranty. They  send me this other one with version 1.0.0.16.

it work but not able to upgrade the firmware or the ip signature on it. One more question can i trade it for a version v2 and pay the difference?

Waiting for your reply.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: