Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. And see here for current known issues.

Why available Lan Host not showing up in the DHCP Leased Client table for RV180

I just purchased the RV180 and am puzzled as to why lan host with ip address of 192.168.1.102 not showing up in the DHCP leased clients list.

I have 4 static ip addresses with the last 3 digits ending in 101, 102,103 and 200 listed in the static DHCP and available local network list, but 102 is not in the DHCP leased clients list. The other 3: 101,103 and 200 are.

Should it not be there also?

3 REPLIES
Gold

Why available Lan Host not showing up in the DHCP Leased Client

George,

I would think that all hosts that obtain an address from DHCP would be listed.

Is there anything different about .102 than the other hosts?

Are you certain that it is getting a static DHCP address and does not have a static address configured directly on the NIC?

- Marty

Thanks Marty,

There is nothing different about 102 than the other hosts.

I did talk to tech support at Cisco this morning and I was told that I should not use the static DHCP under Networking LAN. Instead, I should set the static IP at the device level.

So under Static DHCP, the list is blank, but the IP address will show up under Available LAN Hosts and listed as Static as Type.

I thought this is a bit strange since it is Static DHCP and should be under Static DHCP (?)

George

I also emailed the log file available to Cisco and they will take a look as to why 102 was not on the list.

Views
Helpful
Replies
CreatePlease to create content