Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Windows File Share doesn't work over RV042 QuickVPN

I have two sites, one has an RV042 and the other an RV042G, and there is an IPSec tunnel between the two.

Windows file sharing works between these two over the tunnel.

I have a laptop with QuickVPN Client which I use to connect to either site.

If I connect to the RV042G site, file sharing works fine.

If I connect to the RV042 site, I can't get file sharing to work.

As far as I can see, both routers are set the same.

Can anyone help here?

Thanks in advance.

7 Replies 7

mpyhala
Level 7
Level 7

Hi Dominic,

When you are connected using QuickVPN are you able to get ping replies from the target machines and the LAN IP of the RV042?

- Marty

Hi Marty, I can't test it at the moment, and i did so many tests I dodn't recallabout ping, but I can say that I

definitely was able to Remote Desktop into both sites.

Joshua,  I see what you're getting at, but it's only one site I can't get into  not both, and the routers are matched - as far as I can see.

BTW,  I'm using the same version of QuickVPN for both routers, even though  they're slightly different. Does anyone know if there are differnt  versions?

Thanks,

Dominic

Dominic,

When possible, see if you are able to ping the target host(s). If they reply you should be able to access shares as well unless there is some unusual firewall rule blocking access from the remote subnet. (Allowing traffic from the other end of the site to site tunnel though)

The latest version of QuickVPN is 1.4.2.1 and it is for all SMB routers. It should work better than any of the older versions.

- Marty

Thanks,

I won't be able to try it until Friday, but I did try and turn off the Win7 firewall completely i.e. both local and public subnets on two separate PCs.

I also added in the exceptions for the VPN subnet, this did the trick on the RV042G system.

One thing I didn't try was turning off the firewall on the laptop, although as I said, it worked ok on the RV042G system.

Dominic

Good morning

Hi Dominic, thanks for using our forum, my name is Johnnatan and I am part of the Small business Support community. You´d better don´t turn off your Windows Firewall, you have just to configure it, you can do it follow these steps:

https://supportforums.cisco.com/docs/DOC-29399

I hope you find this answer useful,

“Please rate useful posts so other users can benefit from it”

Greetings,

Johnnatan Rodriguez Miranda.

Cisco Network Support Engineer.

“Please rate useful posts so other users can benefit from it” Greetings, Johnnatan Rodriguez Miranda. Cisco Network Support Engineer.

Hi Jonathan,

Thanks for your help.

Of course I realised that Quick VPN won't work with the laptop firewall turned off.

I had a look at the link you posted. and checked that all my settings are the same. Interestingly, the RV042G has Block Wan Request enabled, so I tried toggling that on the RV042 to no avail.

I'm begining to think this is a fault with the router software, as all other paths work.

Dominic

joroeder
Level 1
Level 1

Hello Dominic,

For your laptop, are both ports 443 and 60443 open?

Just another thing to check.