Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Windows RDP Remote Desktop not working with WRVS4400N

I use RDP extensively on my LAN to use and manage 4 PCs running Win XP or Win7. My consumer-grade Cisco Linksys WRT610n crapped out after less than 2 years, so I thought I'd try the Cisco WRVS4400N to gain extra features like VPN. I have not enabled anything new on the router except for adding a second wireless SSID for guest use, although no bandwidth management or VLANs have been set up yet. Firmware version is 2.0.0.8.

Since installing this router I have been unable to use Windows RDP on ANY of my computers on the LAN, whether I use the machine name or the IP address. I can ping every device on my network - print servers, NAS boxes, PCs, but no RDP. WHAT'S GOING ON?

6 Replies 6

David Carr
Level 6
Level 6

I am assuming your connecting via quickvpn to the router and trying to rdp to the network.  Typically there is not any issues with rdp to ip address on the wrvs4400n.  Can you rdp locally on the lan? 

The whole problem is on the LAN. I can't RDP on the LAN since installing this router. I've done nothing else to my workstations, they're not part of a domain. They're just on a workgroup and always have been.

espersen123
Level 1
Level 1

I have the EXACTLY same problem!......
It´s driving me crazy that I have spend 150 $ for some shit of a device (Sorry but i´m frustrated)

I have almost tried everything to make RDP work without any succes.

I have opened port 3389 to the spefic computer with RDP enabled. It worked prefectly with a low-budget router

undtil a changed it out a (high quality router - WRVS4400N-EU Version 2)

Could some please tell me what i´m doing wrong or what Cisco is doing wrong.

I have always belived that Cisco produckts was equal quality

pavel.alonso
Level 1
Level 1

I got same problem, anybody know what to do to fix this, is really frustrating. I can't use rdp service on my network since I install this router. Thank you so much.

Not sure if this would help anyone - but i was using WinXP through VirtualBox on a mac.

I would VPN to my client sites via my WRVS4400N to my client sites, but couldn't RDP to their systems.

Later found out that by changing my WinXP's network adapter settings from NAT to Bridged Adapter, and RDP worked.

Hope that helps someone.

linksysinfo
Level 4
Level 4

Did you try to connect to the pc via it's computer name or ip address? If it was by name there is a known issue with netbios names so use ip address instead.

Sent from Cisco Technical Support iPad App

Regards Simon