Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Attention: The Community will be in read-only mode on 12/14/2017 from 12:00 am pacific to 11:30 am.

During this time you will only be able to see content. Other interactions such as posting, replying to questions, or marking content as helpful will be disabled for few hours.

We apologize for the inconvenience while we perform important updates to the Community.

WRV200 DDNS-Update fails at PPTP Connection

Hello!

I'm using the WRV200 Router (1.0.39) with an ADSL-Modem (Thomson) to connect to an Austrian ISP. So i have to use the PPTP-Connection to "dial in".

When i'm using this setting DDNS-Update via dyndns.org fails. The Status always says "diasabled". (The Account-Settings are checked)

A second WRV200 at another location uses a solid WAN-IP. This Router doesn't have any Problems with DDNS.

How can i solve this Problem?

Can you explain me the difference between normal and ETSI-Firmware?

Best regards

Mosquito

Everyone's tags (3)
1 REPLY

Re: WRV200 DDNS-Update fails at PPTP Connection

Hello Mr. Mosquito; the best advise that I can give you at this time is to follow this steps then retry to establish your connection,

-- factory default your router

--Down and uplaod the latest firmware into you router

--Manually reconfigure your router-----( DO NOT UPLOAD THE OLD CONFIGURATION)

-- Do a port forwarding with the server's LAN ip address under the port forwading tab in your router

Note:don't forget to create your account in your server before establishing any PPTP connection. If this does not work please contact us at 1866-606-1866 US/Canada.

Views
Helpful
Replies
CreatePlease to create content