Views
Helpful
Replies

WRVS4400 Site-to-Site VPN

John Joseph
Level 1
Level 1

Good Afternoon Friends,

We are setting up a new site-to-site configuration for our small business.  Our main office utilizes the UC560 and a new remote location uses an old WRVS4400 (we found it in the closet).  

We have successfully connected the Site-to-Site tunnel between the two.  However, when we plug in a telephone (SPA514G) to the WRVS, it cannot locate the UC560 for it's configuration.  

UC560 - Data 192.168.7.0, Voice 192.168.40.0

WRVS - Data 192.168.3.0, Voice 192.168.44.0

The data can ping each other.  But we cannot ping the voice from UC to WRVS.  This is my first Site-to-Site configuration, so I'm thrilled I got this far.  But the last step is to configure the telephones to work together.  

If you have suggestions or a direction, please let me know.  I am very interested in hearing/reading it.

Blessings,

John-J

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

While you can have multiple tunnels, I've found that you can't have two tunnels between two endpoints.  Hence the problem.

If you're able to adjust the phones, you can get them on one subnet and you should be okay.

Huntsville's Premiere Car and Bike e-magazine: www.huntsvillecarscene.com

View solution in original post

4 Replies 4

SamirD
Level 5
Level 5

The problem is that you have two different subnets that need to be in a VPN, so two VPNs.  I'm not sure you can do this with the wrvs4400.  Is there a way you can adjust the IP addresses or subnets of the phones to be the same for data and voice?  Like 192.168.7.0/192.168.7.1 data/voice?  This would make it work better for sure.

Samir,

Thank you for the reply.  Actually, I think we can have up to 5 tunnels on the WRVS4400N.  I've attached a screen shot for you to see.

While you can have multiple tunnels, I've found that you can't have two tunnels between two endpoints.  Hence the problem.

If you're able to adjust the phones, you can get them on one subnet and you should be okay.

Samir,

You are basically right.  The WRVS4400 does not support two different subnets.  However, there are other devices that do.  

Here are two different devices that will work:

800 models, for small branches:

http://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/products/routers/800-series-routers/index.html

19xx series models, faster and for bit bigger branches:

http://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/products/routers/1900-series-integrated-services-routers-isr/models-comparison.html

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: