cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

wrvs4400n and getting all specific conf by terminal?

miroslaw len
Level 1
Level 1

Hello,

In my organisation I have router with something strange behaviours. I'm affraid, that on the device I have specific config, putted via terminal long time ago, about which nobody in my organisation nothing knows currently.

1. I would like to download all configuration, standard by Cisco with normal (configured from www) customizations. I would like to get an image which I could restore in later time.

2. I would like to download all specific, over-normative configurations if they are. I'm affraid that we could have remote access, vpn tunnels opened, or something others not shown in web interface. I would like to check what was done before.

Is this possible? What should I put in terminal?

best regards,

4 Replies 4

miroslaw len
Level 1
Level 1

bump

Hi miroslaw len,

The following links may be of help:

http://sbkb.cisco.com/CiscoSB/ukp.aspx?vw=1&docid=9b72f2cc970440b29b3e3c918311631b_Upgrade_Firmware_on_WRVS4400N.xml&pid=2&respid=0&snid=5&dispid=0&cpage=search

http://sbkb.cisco.com/CiscoSB/ukp.aspx?vw=1&docid=ad1d7ad69d384fcaac0de0504f21ac52_Backup_and_Restore_on_WRVS4400N_Gigabit_N_Security_Router.xml&pid=2&respid=0&snid=3&dispid=0&cpage=search

You need to make sure that you the password to get into the box. If you do not have the password, you cannot recover the configuration. You would have to do a factory reset of the box (hold the reset button for 15 seconds) and then start from scratch.

Regards,

Cindy Toy
Cisco Small Business Community Manager
for Cisco Small Business Products
www.cisco.com/go/smallbizsupport
twitter: CiscoSBsupport

Regards, Cindy If my response answered your question, please mark the response as answered. Thank you!

Thank you for your replies,

I have another question -

is it possible to connect device by ssh?

is it possible to show something like cron on the device by ssh or any other terminal connection?

is it possible to totally erase firmware with every customisations ( even made from ssh/telnet/ commandline) to build my own config?

thankyou

SamirD
Level 5
Level 5

I don't know if there is a telnet on this unit, and if there is, finding any documentation on it will be difficult as it may be an unsupported feature.

I would backup the firmware settings AND ALSO KEEP A COPY OF THAT FIRMWARE.  While documentation and others say that backups will work with different versions of firmware, it has never done so in my experience.  Treat the firmware and settings backup file as one unit.

If everything is working fine, I would back it up and that's it.  Don't change anything!  You can easily make things stop working if you don't know what you are changing.

Huntsville's Premiere Car and Bike e-magazine: www.huntsvillecarscene.com

Huntsville's Premiere Car and Bike e-magazine: www.huntsvillecarscene.com