Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. And see here for current known issues.

WRVS4400N -- cannot connect after 5 min

This is a new device, just initially installed about a week ago.  I updated to the latest firmware.  We have iphones, ipads, and Samsung Galaxy smartphones all trying to connect to this WAP at this office, but cannot seem to connect.  If I power cycle the WAP, we can connect for about 5 min, then it loses it and cannot connect again.   I have strong signal, device says "connecting" then immediately "disconnected"... does this on loop forever.

WPA/WPA2 PSK.

I don't know what to do.  About to go buy an Apple WAP.

Anybody have any ideas?

3 REPLIES

Found someone on a board making setting suggestions for this WAP, so I just applied a few tweaks.  This is what I did:

"

under the basic wireless tab , select channel 11 as it does not overlep  with the others and select an SSID of your choice....save  settings.....then go to the advanced wireless settings and reduce the  beacon interval to 50 and reduce the RTS and fragmentation threshold by  40 each.Also turn of "AP isolation"

I'll wait and see if it changed anything.

In the mean time if anybody knows how to make this WAP work with practically any generic wifi device, please let me know.

I need to better understand your configuration.  Why are you using WPA?  Just use WPA2 AES.  Are you using wireless MAC filtering?  Set all the wireless configurations to default and/or on Auto (wireless channel, 20/40 Mhz, etc).

We used a WRVS4400N v2 for over a year and never encountered the issues you are describing.

Have you tried a factory reset?

Do you have multiple SSIDs?  Multiple VLANs?

I forgot to mention that we had dozens of devices connected to it at any given time.  PCs, Mac's, iPhones, iPads, Xooms, Kindles, laptops (Mac and Windows), etc.

Views
Helpful
Replies
CreatePlease login to create content