cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

WRVS4400N for VPN using a PPPoE

RavenTechnology
Level 1
Level 1

I have a client who is using AT&T DSL with a Static PPPoE account. I've tried using the QuickVPN provided by Cisco and it can make a single connection through the VPN tunnel but is unable to access any resources on said network its VPNing into. After disconnecting and trying to again without changing any settings that connected successfully before, it will not successfully connect to the remote network. The router is connected directly to the modem. The router is set for routing, the modem is set in bridge mode. What options do I have to get this connection working? I haven't been able to find any solutions and the QuickVPN seems unable to use the certificates provided by the router itself.

1 Reply 1

riroe
Level 3
Level 3

I would maybe try and delete the QVPN software from the PC and then install it again on the PC and then regenerate

the certificate on the router.  Make sure that you are using the latest version for QVPN. I have seen this correct the problem that you are

describing.  Also make sure to check the firewall setting on the PC that you are trying to VPN into. Make sure the firewall is turned off on the PC.

THANKS

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: