Cisco Support Community
Community Member

Hi guys.

I've got an issue that has me tearing what little hair I have left out.
In my WRVS4400N router I have enabled PPTP passthrough & configured a PPTP server on my Windows server. I then created a couple of ACLs in the router. First off at the very bottom I created one that denies all traffic coming from the WAN to the LAN. Above that I selected the preconfigured PPTP service and allowed that coming from the WAN to the LAN & to the IP of my PPTP server. I've then setup the port forwarding and tested that they are working perfectly fine.

If I try to connect from anywhere it won't connect and in the ACL logs I get a single entry that has allowed the incoming connection on port 1723 followed by approx 10 entries that say 

"Jul 15 16:49:56 - [Access Log ] Deny GRE Packet - SOURCE IP --> MY PPTP SERVER IP"

If I turn around and disable the last ACL (Block All) it works perfectly. For the life of me I can't find in the ACL list, GRE. Am I missing something here? Is it called something else in the list? Is there a way for me to add it? I can only see how to add ports, not protocols. 

Any help would very much be appreciated so thanks in advance.

Community Member

Nobody got any ideas? This is

Nobody got any ideas? This is driving me nuts trying to get this working.

CreatePlease to create content