Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

WRVS4400N Latency

I've just purchased WRVS4400N VPN router and installed it. This was a replacement of a old Linksys router. After installing the router, I've started seeing wireless drops, packet drops and latency on pings. I've installed the latest firmware, disabled Firewall services, disabled IPS. No changes at all. As a basic example, I am pinging my NAS device (hard wired to router) from a laptop connected to wireless below. Previously while connected to my old linksys router the time was equal to no more than 2ms.

C:\Windows\System32>ping 192.168.1.150

Pinging 192.168.1.150 with 32 bytes of data:

Reply from 192.168.1.150: bytes=32 time=567ms TTL=63

Reply from 192.168.1.150: bytes=32 time=539ms TTL=63

Reply from 192.168.1.150: bytes=32 time=470ms TTL=63

Reply from 192.168.1.150: bytes=32 time=479ms TTL=63

Ping statistics for 192.168.1.150:

Packets: Sent = 4, Received = 4, Lost = 0 (0% loss),

Approximate round trip times in milli-seconds:

Minimum = 470ms, Maximum = 567ms, Average = 513ms

Any help is appreciated...

Tolga

4 REPLIES
Silver

WRVS4400N Latency

Hi Tolga,

Since you just purchased this, I suggest you do an online chat with a tech support engineer located here: https://supportforums.cisco.com/community/netpro/small-business/sbproductwarranty  or you can call tech support and the phone numbers in your area are located here: http://www.cisco.com/en/US/support/tsd_cisco_small_business_support_center_contacts.html

Regards,

Cindy Toy

Cisco Small Business Community Manager

for Cisco Small Business Products

www.cisco.com/go/smallbizsupport

Regards, Cindy If my response answered your question, please mark the response as answered. Thank you!

WRVS4400N Latency

Thanks Cindy. I've opened up a case and issue has been resolved.

Re: WRVS4400N Latency

Do you mind sharing the resolution as many folks here (including me) own WRVS4400N routers? 

Re: WRVS4400N Latency

Curtis,

I should have posted the resolution earlier but here it is. There were multiple corrections;

Change B/G/N Wireles Mixed Mode to G/N

Change Wireless Channel from 6 to 11

Change Encryption from Enterprise Mixed (AES/TKIP) to WPA Personal (TKIP only)

I believe there were other routers around which was using the same channel, which was causing packets to drop. At this moment, the issues are gone and my ticket has been closed.

Views
Helpful
Replies
CreatePlease to create content