Views
Helpful
Replies

WRVS4400n - limited download speed even with IPS disabled

korndoggocr
Level 1
Level 1

Hi all,

I recently discovered that my WRVS4400n is cutting my bandwidth from 60mbps down to 24mbps. I've researched the issue and this appears to be a common issue, but everyone seems to be able to resolve it by disabling IPS.

I've gone into IPS > Configuration > IPS Function > Disable and power cycled the router but still I'm stuck at 24mbps download speed.

Any tips before I trash the router?

Thanks,

Tommy

3 Replies 3

korndoggocr
Level 1
Level 1

Any help?

vbiggar
Level 1
Level 1

This post may be outdated but the first step is to directly connect the modem to your PC. If you get 60mbs there then you can start looking at the router. I had the same issue and idabled IPS and it seemed to work even with other configuration settings in place. Secondly I would do a factory reset on the router and test the speed with the IPS disabled again and the PC directly connected to the router with no hubs or switches. I'm assuming you know this and I'm also assuming the PC isn't connect via wireless.

yes, when I connect directly to the cable modem I get the full 60mbps. As mentioned I have already disabled IPS, and I have also reset the router. No, I'm not using wireless.

I think I'll have to junk the router but I haven't done it yet.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: