Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

WRVS4400N looses settings

Hello,

I have purchased this router for 2 of my clients (at different times) in the past year. Both have the same problem - they loose connectivity (both wired and wireless) and they also loose all their settings (SSID, etc). I re-configure them and they work from a few days to a month or more, then the same problem. I have upgraded firmware, and both are on a UPS. Both are running in a simple DHCP/router mode from a single ISP and no VPN set-up.

Should I contact support for both units to be replaced?

Thanks,

Rich

2 Replies 2

riroe
Level 3
Level 3

Sorry to hear that you are having problems with your devices. I would call the Cisco Small Business Support

Center at 1-866-606-1866 and let them troubleshoot with you on these and if necessary they can create a RMA

for replacement of these devices.

THANKS

DominikAu
Level 1
Level 1

hello.

i've experienced the same problem several times till now and think that it's more likely to happen when someone establishes a vpn router <-> client connection. it happend to me twice, so after 2-3 minutes connected the connection to the router (via wan) is lost. the device wont respond to a ping, vpn connect, web, ... on lan, wan and w-lan and stops routing too.

have you found a resolution or did cisco offer you two new devices?

(i'm afraid that, if i open a case on this bug, that it would be closed with a "works for me", because it takes 20-40 days till this problem occurs)

kind regards

dominik

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: