cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

WRVS4400N stops working, I have to power cycle to get it to work again

ptsfrank09
Level 1
Level 1

I own two of these Routers. One is at my business and the other one is at my home. I bought them with the intention of using VPN Tunnel. Initially I had nothing but problems with them. Over time and hundreds of hours later and through a select few of individuals, the problem was finally resolved. I could finally get the VPN tunnel to work. Of course they had to write a special BETA Firmware just for me, since apparently no one else that purchased these routers had actually setup or tried the VPN tunnel.

I just recently updated my Firmware to Firmware Version: V1.1.13. I've had the Firmware in place for about 1 1/2 to 2 months now as far as I can recall.  Up until last week one of my routers will just work great for about 10-12 hours and then it just stops working. No access to router whatsoever. No Traffic, all lights on but no one home. The ports are getting quite HOT to the touch. I don't understand what is going on. Is my Router going out on me??? What should I do??

1 Reply 1

bethingt
Level 1
Level 1

Its never a good sign when something is getting hot to the touch. This could be a sign that there is a hardware issue with your device. I recommend calling Cisco Small Business Support Center and let us troubleshoot this for you if the product is still in warranty.

Brian