Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Attention: The Community will be in read-only mode on 12/14/2017 from 12:00 am pacific to 11:30 am.

During this time you will only be able to see content. Other interactions such as posting, replying to questions, or marking content as helpful will be disabled for few hours.

We apologize for the inconvenience while we perform important updates to the Community.

WRVS4400N stops working, I have to power cycle to get it to work again

I own two of these Routers. One is at my business and the other one is at my home. I bought them with the intention of using VPN Tunnel. Initially I had nothing but problems with them. Over time and hundreds of hours later and through a select few of individuals, the problem was finally resolved. I could finally get the VPN tunnel to work. Of course they had to write a special BETA Firmware just for me, since apparently no one else that purchased these routers had actually setup or tried the VPN tunnel.

I just recently updated my Firmware to Firmware Version: V1.1.13. I've had the Firmware in place for about 1 1/2 to 2 months now as far as I can recall.  Up until last week one of my routers will just work great for about 10-12 hours and then it just stops working. No access to router whatsoever. No Traffic, all lights on but no one home. The ports are getting quite HOT to the touch. I don't understand what is going on. Is my Router going out on me??? What should I do??

Everyone's tags (1)
1 REPLY

Re: WRVS4400N stops working, I have to power cycle to get it to

Its never a good sign when something is getting hot to the touch. This could be a sign that there is a hardware issue with your device. I recommend calling Cisco Small Business Support Center and let us troubleshoot this for you if the product is still in warranty.

Brian

Views
Helpful
Replies
CreatePlease to create content