Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. And see here for current known issues.

WRVS4400N v1 SSL Certificate Expired August2009.... help!

Hi,

I notice from other threads this certificate issue has happen to quite a few people and without a firmware upgrade it would seem impossible to resolve.  Can anyone help or suggest how to put a custom certificate on the device???

Here's the certificate error:  "This certificate has expired or is not yet valid."

This appears to effect VPN access to as my QuickVPN client thinks I do not have the certificate:  'Server's certificate doesn't exist on your local computer'

It's installed, just expired.

(PS I;m quite new to certs.)

Cheers,

S.

1 REPLY

Re: WRVS4400N v1 SSL Certificate Expired August2009.... help!

You could generate a new certificate from the Web Admin Interface of WRVS4400N. Go to VPN>VPN Client Accounts and scroll down the screen. Make sure your system time is correct before you generate a new certificate. Next export the certificate by "Export for Client" and place the certificate in the install directory of QuickVPN Client, which is C:\Program Files\Cisco Small Business\QuickVPN Client\. With that certificate installed on the client side, you should not see a pop-up about missing certificate when you are restablishing a QuickVPN tunnel. This is all explained in the embedded Help page of QuickVPN Client 1.4.0.5. Good luck!

Views
Helpful
Replies