cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

wrvs4400n VPN setup

stefan
Level 1
Level 1

I've got a wrvs4400n with the intent to enable VPN access to my home computer instead of simple RDP via port forwarding.  However I can't figure out how to setup the wrvs4400n VPN.  I don't think I need a tunnel as the connection from my laptop will be from different locations depending on where I'm traveling to.  My home network has a dynamic IP, but I do have it setup with dyndns.org, so i know the IP all the time.  I did hope this will be a simple task, but as it turns out I'm dead in the water...  Any advise and support would be greatly appreciated.

3 Accepted Solutions

Accepted Solutions

Te-Kai Liu
Level 7
Level 7

The attached should help you get started in using QuickVPN Client, which can connect to your WRVS4400N at home from the internet.

View solution in original post

Hello,

I am having the same issue, VPN is not working for me. I am getting the failed to establish connection error. I followed these instructions you provided to start and other troubleshooting methods. I disabled firewall on the computer running quickvpn and it still won't connect to the VPN router in the office from the internet. What are the settings that I need to look at to try to get this to work? Any certain settings on the router/computer that I need to enable/disable? Could it be that the router is faulty and I need to RMA it?

Thank You,

If you contact Cisco Support, someone should be able to get the QuickVPN working for you. Some common issues I have seen include:

- WRVS4400N is behind a NAT device

- QuickVPN client is in a hot spot that does not allow IPsec traffic

- QuickVPN client does not use the default Port, which is Auto, for connecting with the remote QuickVPN router

- QuickVPN client is in the same IP subnet as the remote network, e.g. both in the 192.168.1.x network

- some network card has hardware acceleration that breaks the checksum of ipsec packets generated by the Windows OS running the QuickVPN client.

- etc.

4 Replies 4

Te-Kai Liu
Level 7
Level 7

The attached should help you get started in using QuickVPN Client, which can connect to your WRVS4400N at home from the internet.

Hello,

I am having the same issue, VPN is not working for me. I am getting the failed to establish connection error. I followed these instructions you provided to start and other troubleshooting methods. I disabled firewall on the computer running quickvpn and it still won't connect to the VPN router in the office from the internet. What are the settings that I need to look at to try to get this to work? Any certain settings on the router/computer that I need to enable/disable? Could it be that the router is faulty and I need to RMA it?

Thank You,

If you contact Cisco Support, someone should be able to get the QuickVPN working for you. Some common issues I have seen include:

- WRVS4400N is behind a NAT device

- QuickVPN client is in a hot spot that does not allow IPsec traffic

- QuickVPN client does not use the default Port, which is Auto, for connecting with the remote QuickVPN router

- QuickVPN client is in the same IP subnet as the remote network, e.g. both in the 192.168.1.x network

- some network card has hardware acceleration that breaks the checksum of ipsec packets generated by the Windows OS running the QuickVPN client.

- etc.

stefan
Level 1
Level 1

Thanks for the support.  I've got the latest documenation from the web and followed it, that resolved my issue.  All is working fine.