cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

WRVS4400N with blocking ports

em_dau_roi
Level 1
Level 1

I have these ports like to block TCP 10001, TCP 36567, TCP 47611, UDP  28086 and UDP 28080, and would like to apply date & time schedule to these port as well.

Can you please advise how to set them up in Cisco WRVS4400N.

Thanks in advance

4 Replies 4

DominikAu
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

you have to go to Firewall -> IP Based ACL -> Add New Rule -> Service Mangement

at this page you can define which service uses which ports. so you have to create services which include the ports you'd like to block.

when you've added all ports, go back to the add new rule page.

thats where you define which ips should be able / unable to use the defined services. i'm afraid that you'll have to create a rule for every port (service).

hope this helps.

Thanks for your reply DominikAU,

I assigned the IP address for computer is 192.168.1.142, when I view Local Network status in DHCP Active IP table stated "192.168.1.101"and the ARP/RARP table stated "192.168.1.142".

What IP address I should use for Source IP and Destination IP in Edit IP ACL rule (In Config IP Based ACL)?

Can you please help with my questions.

I assigned the IP address for computer is 192.168.1.142, when I view Local Network status in DHCP Active IP table stated "192.168.1.101"and the ARP/RARP table stated "192.168.1.142".

What IP address I should use for Source IP and Destination IP in Edit IP ACL rule (In Config IP Based ACL)?

Thanks,

Source ip address is the address your wanting to apply the rule to.  Destination is where your wanting to apply rule for that computer going to.  The any is a rule for all ip addresses.