cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

WRVS4400Nv2 more troubles...

nicolas.brousse
Level 1
Level 1

We recently replaced an old Netgear AP for the Linksys Samll Office WRVS4400Nv2. Unfortunately, this router give us a lot of troubles. All the LAN works fine but when it's about Wifi, it's just a lot of random failures. The AP was working great for last two weeks and suddently no way to get the SSID broadcasted and even connecting to it. We tried to changed SSID name and also frequency, nothing better... So we finally used our old Netgear for the Wifi... Kind of a shame when we thought the Linksys/Cisco will help us to handle more Wifi traffic...

Anybody know if there is finally some firmware upgrade or known issue about the WRVS4400Nv2 ? This hardware miss of good Cisco online support.

7 Replies 7

David Carr
Level 6
Level 6

Have you tried changing the wirless channel to see if that makes the wireless more stable?

Yes I tried and didn't give better results :(

Problem is that the SSID isn't even broadcasted anymore (but the option Broadcast SSID is enabled). Also, the problem happend suddently this morning while everything was fine since two weeks and nobody changed the router config before that problem :/

Have you tried doing a factory reset and reloading the configurations?  That sometimes helps.

I will try this evening, I can't disturb the office network right now. I will let you know tonigh if it goes better after a factory reset.

I just loaded the newest 2.0.0.7 firmware onto mine.  Support for this product is a little hard to find especially if you go straight to cisco and type the model number in for support.  I went out of my mind doing that yesterday only to have the error that the model number was not found.

I got aroudn that by going to linksys.com and typing in the model number which directs you to the cisco site and the first option on the list is software downloads.  From there you can choose the router.

Oh man, thanks! I finally found a firmware upgrade... They released that last month. It's definitely a pain to find support on this product. I'll try the new firmware tonight.

If you need addition support you can contact the Cisco Small Business Support Center at 1.866.606.1866.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: