Views
Helpful
Replies

WRVS4400Nv2 Wireless issues

kpalenius
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

Like many others, I have also issues with WRVS4400Nv2.

My symptoms are:

1. Wireless clients lose internet connectivity periodically and after power on from hibernation. I have two laptops, both have Windows 7. After powering up either one of them, they both connect to my network fine, as in Windows shows that connection is up and running with excellent signal. However they both can't ping to my WRVS4400N and also DNS doesn't work. To me that means that link layer (WLAN) stuff works but network layer (IP) doesn't. What makes this odd is that
    1. Sometimes one laptop has internet connectivity and other doesn't.
    2. When internet connectivity is lost, IPv4 stops working. Sometimes IPv6 still works, i.e. I can ping and connect to my router with IPv6-address.
    3. Every time after I reboot the router, both laptops can't get internet connectivity.
    4. On the first laptop the only way to get connectivity back is to disable the wireless adapter and wait a few minutes, enable and connect. 'Troubleshoot problems...'-wizard doesn't find problems. When connectivity has been gone for long enough, troubleshooter informs that DNS isn't responding. On the second laptop, troubleshoot wizard resets the wireless adapter and internet connectivity is restored.
    5. Wired connections are unaffected.
  2. The whole router seems to be running hotter than normal. This is my second unit and it too is hot, although not untouchable.

I have default configuration, differences are:

• Firmware version is 2.0.0.8 (Latest at the time of writing)
  • Router runs in dual-stack mode, WAN is in DHCP-mode
  • Wireless has WPA2 PSK security, wireless mode is BGN, channel width 40MHz
  • IPS is off, although now I'm testing if turning it on makes a difference
  • Multicast passthrough and SIP ALG are enabled.

Logs doesn't (at least yet) anything useful.

0 Replies 0