cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Xserve want connect to the internet

tamoore64
Level 1
Level 1

I have an Apple server and Apple Mac Pro desktop connected to a RVS4000 router. When I was utilizing DHCP to get a random IP address. I was able to get internet service. On my desktop and server at the same time. When I switched to two different static IP addresses. I could not get access to the internet on my server anymore. But, still have internet service on my desktop. I call myself configuring my router correctly. However, I must have did something wrong. I disconnected my server from my router. And connected my server directly to my modem. I was then able to get internet service on my server again. Could someone please instructed me where my configuration error might be at on my RVS4000? To keep me from not getting internet service on both my desktop and server, at the same time. Using two different static IP addresses. I have my RVS4000 configured as a gateway.

4 Replies 4

daviddun
Level 3
Level 3

The RVS4000 does not support 1 to 1 NAT

The need to have multiple static ip's. Mean you need a RV class router

On Jun 25, 2011 11:08 AM, "tamoore64" <

My network is all wired.  I am thinking of going with the RV220W. Thank you for the help.

One other question. When searching to buy a router. Which supports 1 to 1 NAT. Do I look in specification for the word NAT? 

Yes look for the RV or SA series

They will do what you need

On Jun 25, 2011 2:41 PM, "tamoore64" <

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: