Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. And see here for current known issues.

Can I detect, via web script, that connection has come through SSL VPN?

As the author of an ASP.NET web page, is there a way, other than by IP address, that I can detect that a visitor has come through our CISCO SSL VPN?  Is there an HTTP header that can be set?  By comparison, our Cleartrust servers copy the REMOTE_USER header to a new header called CT_REMOTE_USER, which allows me to detect a user coming through Cleartrust.  Is there anything comparable for CISCO SSL VPN?

Thank you.

Everyone's tags (4)
3 REPLIES

Re: Can I detect, via web script, that connection has come throu

Hi,

I need more info on this. Do you want the script to access the SA500 and parse the http header?

Can you explain more about it?

Thanks,

Biraja

Biraja,

When a user connects from home, using a web browser, via the CISCO SSL VPN, the first page they see after logging in is the home page of our intranet.  On that web page, I would like to be able to determine that they are coming through the VPN, as opposed to just coming normally through the internal network.  I was hoping I could configure the VPN to set a server variable, like REMOTE_USER or HTTP_HOST so that I can detect via PHP, that the connection came through the VPN.

Thank you very much for your assistance.

Hi Don,

I've asked concerned team to help on this issue.

WIll get back to you shortly on this.

Thanks,

Biraja

Views
Helpful
Replies