Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. If you'd prefer to explore, try our test area to get started. And see here for current known issues.

Cisco ASA5505

We are using ASA 5505 VPN Edition w/ 10 SSL Users  50 FW Users  3DES/AES for our last network Infrastructure in Singapore.
We created the VPN connection between Singapore and Japan (cisco 2911 router).
We did not use SSL, and special firewall configuration except NAT and Access List, port forward.
I would like to access to know if we can use the other edition of ASA5505 since this SSL type of ASA5505 is quite expensive.
Please recommend us if you have a cheaper edition.

• Small Business Security
7 REPLIES

Hi, If you don't want to use

Hi,

If you don't want to use firewall then deploy CISCO2911-SEC/K9 router on both branches.

For any further assistance, feel free to visit our website www.thenetworkhardware.com

Or

Contact me at Skype ID: steve.odsi

Hi Jerry Paul,Please see the

Hi Jerry Paul,

Please see the network diagram that we want to do this time.

Thanks,

How many users do you want to

How many users do you want to connect? Are you using the anyconnect client for them to connect?  Do you have an IPSEC Site to Site vpn connecting the 2 offices? If you want to connect the 2 sites with IPSEC and Have some NAT configured you may not need anyconnect licenses. Are you thinking of buying a different ASA model without ssl license? 

Hi Andre,Thanks for your

Hi Andre,

Thanks for your reply messages!
There is no specific user to connect. We used site to site VPN between Japan and Singapore.

But this time we want to use VPN for four cities. 
Please see the network infrastructure below.

Regards,
Myo Lin Soe

Good Day. If no users are

Good Day. If no users are connecting with SSL VPN client for remote access, then you do not need the ASA SSL license. As Jerry has mentioned, you can Use a ISR router with a SecurityK9 license.

Hi Andre,Thanks for your

Hi Andre,

Thanks for your reply messages!
Will CISCO2911-SEC/K9 be support for our design which is attached in my last message?

Thanks!

For IPSEC Site to Site VPN, I

For IPSEC Site to Site VPN, I would say yes. You also have to take note of the following.

1) How many users at each site?

2) How much traffic will be going across those links.

You don't want to underspec your router, then use up the physical resources of the router (Memory, CPU)

Views
Helpful
Replies