Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. If you'd prefer to explore, try our test area to get started. And see here for current known issues.

Cisco Easy VPN Client - where do I get it?

Hi!

We have a RV320/RV325 Router and we want to use this "Easy VPN". It is impossible to find the client software anywhere. It is not on a software-CD and I cannot download anything from the cisco website. 

So where do I get this client software? (And why is cisco hiding this software? A non-customer cannot use it anyway....)

Cheers

Jens

• Small Business Security
Everyone's tags (1)
2 ACCEPTED SOLUTIONS

Accepted Solutions
Silver

It is in the Cisco Downloads

It is in the Cisco Downloads,
Though you need a login for it authorized by Cisco,
You can contact your vendor/where you bought your devices for it :)
they will be happy to give you 

Let me correct that. Cisco

Let me correct that. Cisco announced that they would no longer be supporting the Cisco VPN Client years ago. They stopped supporting it in July of this year. The announcement is here:

http://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/products/collateral/security/vpn-client/end_of_life_c51-680819.html

9 REPLIES
Silver

It is in the Cisco Downloads

It is in the Cisco Downloads,
Though you need a login for it authorized by Cisco,
You can contact your vendor/where you bought your devices for it :)
they will be happy to give you 

Sure, Amazon will be happy to

Sure, Amazon will be happy to give me an authorized cisco account. I guess the best would be to return the device and get the money back and buy an other device from an other supplier. That would take less time und is less complicated then getting a "autoritzed login" - whatever this is.

Isgabrillo's hit the nail on

Isgabrillo's hit the nail on the head for accessing the Cisco VPN Client. If you want an alternative, you can also look at the Shrew Soft VPN Client (free download) at shrew.net or The Greenbow at thegreenbow.com.

Why should I use a 3rd party

Why should I use a 3rd party software when I've bought a cisco router?

I guess the only possibilty to get the original VPN software is to copy it from anywhere of the internet. Some companies or universities have cisco vpn clients on their websites. But I have to test every client with "trial and error" method because I dont know if its the correct vpn client.

It's a shame that it is not possible to get the correct vpn client software from the cisco website. I cannot understand why cisco is acting this way.

Another good reason for using

Another good reason for using a third-party client is the fact that Cisco stopped supporting the traditional Cisco VPN Client years ago. Should you run into an OS that it doesn't work on, you'll need to move to the third-party client anyway. That or replace your entire access VPN solution.

Let me correct that. Cisco

Let me correct that. Cisco announced that they would no longer be supporting the Cisco VPN Client years ago. They stopped supporting it in July of this year. The announcement is here:

http://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/products/collateral/security/vpn-client/end_of_life_c51-680819.html

Thanks for that information!

Thanks for that information! I will try it!

I've had good experience with

I've had good experience with the ShrewSoft client as a replacement. I hear good things about The Greenbow too, but I don't have experience with it. Let me know how they work out for you.

In the router documentation

In the router documentation it lists https://software.cisco.com/download/navigator.html?mdfid=270636499&flowid=4466. However while the page loads the I can't get the downloads to work.

Here is a FAQ I found related to the Easy VPN.

http://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/products/collateral/security/ios-easy-vpn/eprod_qas0900aecd805358e0.html

Views
Helpful
Replies
This widget could not be displayed.