cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Community Member

Cisco SA 520W-web-bun3-k9 URL Issue

Hi

We have just purchased one of these units and straight off the cuff im going to say im really not impressed. Real lack of accurate documentation relating to setting up and licensing the Trend Micro Web component!! Right, moan over.

The problem is that i have been through the registartion process and have "Congratulations! You have activated your product." screen. Now what? I have no option on the cisco to insert that code and it still says im unlicenced. What is supposed to happen. How is Trend Micro aware of my Unit and visa a verse?

Thanks in advance

8 REPLIES
Silver

Re: Cisco SA 520W-web-bun3-k9 URL Issue

Attached is the admin guide to setting up protect link on the sa500's.

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/products/ps9952/prod_maintenance_guides_list.html

Community Member

Hi

Thanks but already have this. I have followed the process as stated in the document but the licence has not yet activated on the Cisco unit so something is not right with either the documented process or something else has gone wrong

Regards

Silver

Call into the SBSC at 866-606-1866 and let them open up a troubleshooting ticket. 

Community Member

Hi,

We are working diligently to get updated documentation in regards to licensing.

Some things to note, if the SA is not the gateway router, the licensing will not activate.

The way the Trend Micro piece works is that the unit "phones" into Trend Micro's servers.  They match up your MAC address to your unit and verify the License key.  If all of that checks out, the unit then updates itself and reflects the license expiration date.

As Dave mentioned however, it would probably be best to give us a call so that we can assist in getting your issue resolved.

Thanks!

Dave

David L. Barrett, Jr.
Community Member

Hi Dave

Thanks for the update. At the moment the unit is hanging behind a cisco 877. The 877 is configured to route all traffic through to the sa500 device. The SA 520 has a public IP so wonder if this config may be an issue. At this point it looks as if there is an issue with the serial number which Cisco are now looking into. Not sure how or why this would affect it so will wait and see. My concern is that if i have already been through the registration process and the device was unable to contact trend or had a mac mismatch due to the 877 infront of it then how will i get around that

Regards

Community Member

Hi Dave

Have just attempted to contact Cisco Small Business and been told as the unit does not have a support contract they can't assist me. I need to go through the seller. Problem there is they have had a call open since friday last week and still no one has phoned. Am i missing something here in that small business support can't assist?

Regards

Community Member

Hi,

Can you please send me a private message with the Service Request that was opened last friday for you?

Can you also include your serial number when you send that message to me?

Thanks!

Dave

David L. Barrett, Jr.
Community Member

So basically this is a Trend Micro problem which still has not been resolved yet. Trend offers no direct support so you do have to go through Cisco. The hold up is Trend then may take several days to resolve the case on their side. This kind of makes me wonder if picking Trend to provide this service was such a good idea.

Views
Helpful
Replies
CreatePlease to create content