Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Community Member

Cisco SA 540 - SSL VPN 64-Bit Internet Explorer 9

I have just come across a issue with a users trying to connect to our SSL VPN. He is running Windows 7 SP1. When he tries to connect to the SSL VPN it displays the message "64Bit Internet Explorer is required to install this application".

I have installed the Visual C++ 2005 Redistributable software but I still get the message. Even running the 32-bit version of IE displays the same message.

I am running the current firmware 2.1.71 on the SA 540.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks

Mark Sheehan.

6 REPLIES
Community Member

Did you try installing both the x86 (32-bit) and x64 (64-bit) versions?

Community Member

I was trying to connect using a 64-version Windows 7 machine which has both 64 and 32-bit IE available.

Community Member

Did you try installing the 32-bit AND the 64-bit versions of the Visual C++ 2005 Redistributable software on the 64-bit Windows 7 machine?

Community Member

I am having this same problem. running win7 pro 64 bit, IE10 64bit and 32/64 but of the 2005 Redistributable. I would manually install it but that appears only available to people with a support contract.

Community Member

IE 10 must be running in 64-bit mode.  Follow the first post on this page and ensure IE 10 is running in 64-bit mode.  This is what we had to do in order to get SSL VPN to work on Windows 7 Pro 64-bit machines running IE 10.

http://www.ngohq.com/news/23295-how-to-enable-64-bit-internet-explorer-10-in-windows-7-a.html

Community Member

Actually I have solved this provlem. In IE10 you can not install the 32 bit version, you can only install the 64 bit one but in M$ infinite wisdom it still runs in 32 bit mode. So to make sure that this works, you need to add the router page to your trusted site, disable pretty much every  security setting (setting trusted sites to low is not enough). Then enable Enhanced Protected mode both in the trusted sites tab AND in the advanced tab.

Pretty silly if  you ask me and Cisco could of done a better job of testing this. I had a brand new machine with a fresh install of Win7 and it I had to jump through hopes to get it to work.

Views
Helpful
Replies
CreatePlease to create content