Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. And see here for current known issues.

DNS Entries

Hi guys,

Does anybody know how to add Customer DNS entries to the ISA Box?

e.g.:

conf t ip host nas 172.31.1.10

If there isn't a solution yet, it would be nice to see this feature in the next firmware release

Regards Mike

Everyone's tags (4)
4 REPLIES

Re: DNS Entries

I'm assuming you're referring to the DHCP Pool.
Networking -> VLAN, edit the appropriate VLAN, select DHCP Pool settings and change the DNS server IP.

If that is not what you're looking for, please provide more detail on your desired end result and I'd be happy to assist.

Sent from Cisco Technical Support iPhone App

Shawn Eftink CCNA/CCDA Please rate all helpful posts and mark correct answers to assist others searching for solutions in the community.

Hi Shawn,

I am looking for another feature:

As the ISA akts as an DNS forwarder, I want to add specific DNS records to the Box. This scenario is especially for small networks not having a DNS server implemented, to resolve internal services - or this can be used for a special DNS rewriting.

How can I add hosts records to the DNS resolver?

Regards Mike

I see what you're wanting now.  The ISA only acts as a DNS forwarder and doesn't have a fully functional DNS server integrated with the ability to input FQDN, (A) Hosts, CNames, etc.

Shawn Eftink
CCNA/CCDA

Please rate all helpful posts and mark correct answers to assist others searching for solutions in the community.

Shawn Eftink CCNA/CCDA Please rate all helpful posts and mark correct answers to assist others searching for solutions in the community.

Would you please treat this as a feature request. Adding hist entries like it can be done on the asa devices:

conf t ip host nas 172.31.1.10

Hope you will implement this soon

Regards Mike

Views
Helpful
Replies
CreatePlease login to create content