Expired Certificate within SA540 firmware - issue with SSL-VPN
Hello Mr. Jahnke,
In order to get a new SSL certificate please follow the next instructions:
STEP 1 : Click Administration > Authentication.
The Authentication (Certificates) window opens.
STEP 2 For each type of certificate, perform the following actions, as needed:
• To add a certificate, click Upload. You can upload the certificate from the PCor the USB device. Click Browse, find and select the certificate, and then
• To delete a certificate, check the box to select the certificate, and then click
• To download the router’s certificate (.pem file), click the Download buttonunder the Download Settings area.
STEP 3 To request a certificate from the CA, click Generate CSR.
The Generate Certification Signing Request window opens.
a. Enter the distinguished name information in the Generate Self Certificate
• Name: Unique name used to identify a certificate.
• Subject: Name of the certificate holder (owner). The subject field populatesthe CN (Common Name) entry of the generated certificate and can containthese fields:
- CN=Common Name
- OU=Organizational unit
- L= Locality
- ST= State
For example: CN=router1, OU=my_dept, O=my_company, L=SFO, C=US
Whatever name you choose will appear in the subject line of the generated CSR. To include more than one subject field, enter each subject separated by a comma. For example: CN=hostname.domain.com, ST=CA, C=USA
• Hash Algorithm: Algorithm used by the certificate. Choose between MD5 and SHA-1
•Signature Algorithm: Algorithm (RSA) used to sign the certificate.
• Signature Key Length: Length of the signature, either 512 or 1024.
• (Optional) IP Address, Domain Name, and Email Address
b. Click Generate.
A new certificate request is created and added to the Certification Signing Request (CSR) table. To view the request, click the View button next to the certificate you just created.
Or you could check it on the next link. please check page 191
Article ID:3091 Reboot and Factory Default Reset on ISA500 Series
Integrated Security Appliances Objective Reboot or restart of the
network device is made when certain changes in the settings need reboot
or if the device is frozen. The configuration setti...
Article ID:3403 WAN Quality of Service (QoS) Policy Profiles Settings on
ISA500 Series Integrated Security Appliances Objective Wide Area Network
(WAN) Quality of Service (QoS) policy profiles manage traffic through
classed-based profiles. These profiles ...
Article ID:2922 Cisco QuickVPN Installation Tips for Windows Operating
Systems For a video showing installation tips on Quick VPN, visit
http://youtu.be/hHu2z6A78N8 Objective Cisco QuickVPN is a free software
designed for remote access to a network. It is...